Bites and Sights

“To travel is to take a journey into yourself.”
Travelling is one of our faves, the excitement of planning and the luck of closing the best deals are the challenges. The glory and goodness of the journeys are the sweet fruits that makes a wanderer's heart jump. Come and join us in discovering the cozy yet more affordable way of wandering.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sorsogon's Gem: Sirangan Beach Resort

Sorsogon City is a province in Southern Luzon, the region was blessed with many beautiful beaches but most of them are far from the city. I grew up in Sorsogon but often in Albay because I attended school in Legazpi City. During holidays we often visit our relatives in Sorsogon, I grew up near the beach and vacation for me means beach-capades.

For my wedding reception I only have one resort in mind ever since, Sirangan Beach Resort. Located at Caricaran, Sorsogon it is a place that I feel more familiar.
 I grew up in Bicol but raised as a Tagala ( my mother is a Nueva Ecija native ), somehow I am familiar of Bicol's and Tagalog's customs. It's easy for me to mix the two races together.

The resort is owned by a Spanish but managed by a local. The architecture and interior design of the resort is uniquely designed highlighting local materials.

 Tip1: To reach Sorsogon, the options are to travel by land or by air. By land, it will take more than 12 hours to reach Sorsogon from Manila. By air, it is only 1 hour 45 minutes. I suggest travelling by air.

From Manila to Legazpi City is 45 minutes, plus another bus ride to sorsogon for 1 hour. The resort also helps their guests regarding transportation.

Tip2: For reservations please contact the resort at http://www.forkandpillow.com/en/hotels/hotel-sirangan .

Tip3: To enjoy summer it is ideal to visit around April to May, these months are considered dry.

Tip4: The staffs are very accomodating and helpful.

Tip5: Their rooms are vast and most of them are named after the materials used in interior design. Choose the room with ocean view. The guests will definitely admire every room's design, the place is the perfect place to relax.
 

 This is the room where I had my wedding preparation.
For more photos of Sirangan Resort's wedding preparations and reception, you can browse on our wedding website http://www.mywedding.com/angeloandrachel/galleries.html .

Tip6: They also offer complimentary breakfast, I always look forward to a cozy breakfast by the beach.

Tip7: The chef also offers good menu for dinner, try their seafood dishes and I can say that it's worth the money.
Tip8: It's also nice to enjoy the beach, stroll and take a dip at their infinity pool.
Tip9: Sirangan Resort also have a bar for the guests to enjoy few drinks before calling it a night.
Tip10: The resort also have a souvenier shop offering paintings and other novelty products.
Tip11: For your Bicol adventure, don't forget to try LAING, Bicol Express, Pinangat, Pilinut candies and take home an Abaca product ( bags, homer decors and a lot more ).
Tip12: Before going home, please visit Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral at Sorsogon City proper and buy souveniers for a cheaper prize.
Sirangan Beach Resort is one of our most favorite destination, it is a place that is very special for me and my husband. A place that we'll definitely keep going back to.







No comments:

Post a Comment