Bites and Sights

“To travel is to take a journey into yourself.”
Travelling is one of our faves, the excitement of planning and the luck of closing the best deals are the challenges. The glory and goodness of the journeys are the sweet fruits that makes a wanderer's heart jump. Come and join us in discovering the cozy yet more affordable way of wandering.

Friday, February 3, 2012

THE SEARCH IS OVER

Though I love to travel, I often travel alone. I usually go to churches, it's like doing a pilgrimage. Seeing different walks of life continously amaze me. It's like reading stories from the books but I have the person to narrate it personally to me. Some are good stories, some are not so good but one thing's for sure either of which always touch my heart. And yes, I do chit-chat with strangers.

It was in June, 2007 when I agreed to travel with a good friend. It's a birthday travel for me, bound to visit Our Lady of Manaog. My friend Angelo, suggested that we go Manaoag and head to Baguio after. It's quite a nice idea because it's Independence Day and it's been years when I last visited Baguio.

During the rush planning of the trip, I realized that Angelo is my male counterpart. Like me he also likes planning everything ahead. I told him I have one objective, I want to go to places that not most of the people go.

Hotel booked.. Budget calculated.. Ready to roll..

Tip1: Make sure that a day before leaving Manila, call the hotel to confirm your booking. Beware of those people who approaches you about transient houses.

Tip2: Try to enjoy walking, visit the churches and those places that most of the first-timers skip. What I love about Baguio is the TAXI. It's very different from Manila, somehow the taxi drivers in Baguio make the trip easier.

Baguio Cathedral in the background, it's a fine day and comfortably cold.


 I also like the serene ambience in BELL Church, greens and fresh breeze are always worthwhile.


 I also thought of the "2 places at the same time" idea, BELL Church is located near the border of La Trinidad..


and Baguio.

 

After a day of long walks, Shabu shabu dinner is always delish, the soup soothes the tummy.


Baguio is special because it is where our love story officially begun. It is where our friendship took its turn and took the chance in a thing called love.

The search is over indeed.























No comments:

Post a Comment